The MG Midget was produced between 1961 – 1979 and revived the name synonymous with the successful pre-war MG models like the M type and J Type. It is a small two-seater sports car produced by the MG division of BMC from 1961 to 1979 and some 73,000 were made. The later vehicles had a 1500cc Triumph engine fitted plus higher rubber bumpers to comply with US regulations as opposed to lower chrome bumpers fitted to the earlier models.
Supplied new in Jersey this low mileage motor car has been restored and is in excellent condition. It is perfect for whizzing about the small island roads and with its low seating position helps amplify the sense of speed, however we do have speed limits, please observe!
- 4 cylinder twin carburettor (unleaded).
- 1493cc developing 65 bhp.
- 4 speed gearbox with a tricky reverse.
- 2 seater with inertial reel seat belts.
- Rack and pinion steering.
- Yellow with a black vinyl interior.
- Easily retractable roof with wind up windows.
- Reasonable luggage space.
- Straight forward and easy to drive.
- Please drive with care and remember Jersey speed limits of 15 mph, 20 mph, 30 mph and a maximum of 40 mph apply.
- For open motoring please remember a hat or scarf, some sun screen, and some sun glasses.
- For open motoring please remember a hat, scarf and even some sun screen.
- Please refer to hire terms and conditions regarding mechanical damage.