The TR6 was arguably the last of the real Triumph Roadsters (TR) and built on a separate chassis with a petrol-fuel injection system. Based on its highly regarded predecessor the TR5 it shares the same powerful straight six 2498cc engine which developed up to 150 bhp and carried a restyled body designed by Karmann. Capable of 0-60 mph in just over 8 seconds which was quite respectable for a sports car of that period.
This TR6 sits on period wire wheels and is the earlier CP model (referring to the chassis number) with the 150 bhp engine with a 4 speed overdrive gearbox (the most desirable model). Imported to Jersey in 1980 from the UK it subsequently underwent considerable restoration work over the years and now drives as it should.
Get those flared trousers on, unbutton your shirt to the waist, find that gold medallion and rock back to the 70’s!
- 6 cylinders petrol injected (unleaded).
- 2498 cc developing 150 bhp.
- 4 speed gearbox with overdrive.
- 2 seater with inertia reel seat belts.
- Rack and pinion steering.
- Old English White, black interior and a walnut dash.
- Easily retractable hood and wind up windows.
- Good sized luggage compartment.
- This is a powerful car so please drive with care and remember Jersey speed limits of 15 mph, 20 mph, 30 mph and a maximum of 40 mph apply.
- For open motoring please remember a hat, scarf and even some sun screen.
- No power steering is fitted and with a front mounted engine it takes a bit of effort for tight parking.
- When engaging the electric overdrive (that works on 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears) please use the clutch and more importantly switch it off before engaging reverse gear otherwise it will lock up and damage will occur.
Tariffs and Book